Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Assignment

Part A

Running around looking for things that may make some strange, or necessary sounds to add to the bank was exciting. working with the nice mic was also a pleasure as the sounds we captured were much clearer than we could have done with just the camera mic..
The sound blog listening excercises were a bit different for me. In the blog excersises, I was able to sit for 10 minutes, close my eyes and truely listen to my surroundings. however, in the sound scavenger hunt with our groups, i found that I was not as aware of the surrounding sounds, and because of the equipment load and other group members, i also feel as though the equipment load and other people around were stressants prohibiting me to tap into the surrounding sounds.

Never the less, we captured some cool sounds and we were all very excited about showing them to the class.... since the assignment called for 10 min exact, we thought we would edit all of our sounds down to 10 min becasue we had taken multiple takes of some sounds. So into the computer it went and like cancer it spread, creating files in other classes folders. FCP would recognize the file, so Imovie was our last resort. cut the clips, and made it tight into 10 min. We exported to tape... but not really. Exporting wouldnt work.

Over the next couple days we would spend over 5 hours tinkering around with the file trying to export it to tape. the final plan was to get my little miniDV camera and print to tape that way. it worked thankfuly.

Part B

As I sit in Bear hall waiting for my tape to capture, I am going over sounds and ideas in me head and trying to relate them somewhat to our given title "a house divided against itself cannot stand". so far the computer is going great, and i hope it will stay that way.
The main idea running through my brain is that we have some sort of harmoneous sounds going along, then some shreik, then a time of pause mayvbe with some ticking (my group got a clock sound) and then chaos comes. loud sounds are sometimes broken by remains of the harmonious sounds but they are again overloaded by the loud sounds.

the image in my head is that its a nice house at the begining, then something happens and then the waiting time is it splitting (ahh maybe use some zipper sounds) then all hell breaks loose and peace tries to come back but a house divided against itself cannot stand.

easy in thoughts, i wonder how it will be with sounds... so many sounds to chooose from.

No comments: