Monday, October 1, 2007

Reflections of Sound & Light

In Order:

I was happy with the way our groups sound scape came out, and the classes sound scapes were good too. I like the one that Lexi and I got for our photo project..."Between the Devil and the deep blue Sea." There was a lot of variety to work with.

Shooting the stills was a lot of fun. Im glad to have learned how to use the pentax and that Friday at the surplus sale was able to pick up the same Pentax K1000 35mm camera for $10. My girlfriend got one too so we are going to take photos in the Smokey mountains this weekend. anyway, Wayne had some good locations in mind and they turned out great. We tested out some double exposing and one with trees and clouds on the ground look very nice.

Because of tight schedules and determination, Lexi and I went into the editing lab on sunday early morning to finish the project in one day. It was a little tough finding a way to manipulate the photos but I think our finished product is pretty good. I wonder if any other groups used techniques like we did. After 5 and 1/2 hours, we were done and printed to tape...thankfully with no computer troubles.

Im excited to see all the finished products and am glad to be done with the project. I am also excited about the self portrait project but am a little nervous about time because of fall break...then family visits, time is going to be squeezed. Also, looking at the syllabus, there seems to be a lot more due in the upcoming weeks...yikes.

No comments: